In the ever-changing world of medical insurance companies and medical billing, we know that you have questions and concerns regarding healthcare costs. We understand that billing related matters may be the farthest thought from your mind in your time of medical illness. At Torrington Emergency Medical Services (EMS), we receive dozens of phone calls everyday from patients like yourself who have questions and concerns regarding our EMS charge for service.
We have put together a "frequently asked questions" and answer sheet that may assist you. Please contact us if you have further questions.
- Does Torrington Emergency Medical Service file insurance?
- What if the insurance information was not given at the time of service?
- How long does it take for my insurance company to pay?
- How much time will EMS allow me to pay my ambulance bill?
- Why did my insurance company mail the check to me?
- Where should I mail my payment?
- Can I make payments?
- Do you offer discounts?
- Does Medicare pay for ambulance transportation?
- What does EMS need before Medicare can be filed?
- Does Medicare pay this service in full?
- What if Medicare denies my claim? What options do I have?
- Does EMS file supplemental insurance?
- What is the "garnishment process"?
- How can I stop the garnishment process once begun?
- What happens if there is an overpayment on my account?
- How long does a refund take to receive?
- What if I do not have insurance?
- What method of payment do you accept?